The Call for Mini Course Proposals is open and the deadline has been extended! Submit your best ideas by March 15, 2019.
To submit your proposal, please fill out the form to the left.
This Year's Throughline
Action + Collaboration + Transformation
You are a verb. What are your actions?
You are a community. How do you collaborate?
You are a catalyst. How will you inspire transformation?
Guidelines for Proposal Submission
Workshops are two hours long and will address between 25-45 participants.
We are looking for diverse proposals that:
- Showcase strategies for teaching in and through the arts;
- Encourage creative practice;
- Engage social and emotional development in students;
- Promote the 2019 conference throughline and themes;
- Are rooted in culturally and linguistically relevant teaching; and/or
- Present diverse ideas in response to issues students are facing in their schools and communities.
Each year the Conference Review Committee (comprised of faculty of the Integrated Learning Specialist Program) reviews proposals. Please be sure to address the following criteria in your submission:
- Description: Provide a description of the workshop for participants that will be printed in the program. Use an active voice: Explore, learn, share, etc.
- Statement of Purpose/Outcomes: State the purpose and outcomes of your workshop. The purpose is a statement of your goals for the workshop and the outcomes will give details of what attendees can expect to experience. Please include any learning objectives/understanding goals you have for the workshop.
- Relevance / Impact on Practice: Describe how your workshop meets any of the guidelines listed above. Indicate how your workshop promotes promising practices and provides deep professional learning for attendees.
You can review the 2019 Submission Guidelines HERE
Tips for Submitting a Proposal
- Be authentic! Your peers need original presentation ideas that focus real-world scenarios, relevant examples and tangible learning.
- Give your proposal a simple and straightforward title. Clever or inappropriate titles make it harder for people to figure out what you're really talking about.
- Include as much detail about the planned presentation as possible.
- Please upload a great profile picture of yourself with your proposal so people will recognize you at the conference.**
Call for Proposals Deadline: March 15 2019
Notifications will be sent in late March
Registration and Fees
If your proposal is accepted, your registration fee of $200 will be waived. You will be given a code to enter at registration.
Questions, comments, ideas to share? Email email@example.com